Baptist Mid-Missions is privileged to serve in a three-way missions partnership: churches, missionaries, and sending agency. By shouldering the load of specialized support tasks required for missionary service, we help empower churches to spend more time and energy on their own missions work: winning the lost in their communities. Here’s how we help:
- Missions counsel: Guidance for prospective missionaries (given by BMM leaders with years of pastoral/missionary experience). Thorough training to prepare new missionaries.
- Careful screening: Gives potential supporting churches confidence that our missionaries’ doctrine and character are biblically sound.
- Missionary finances: Accurate support estimates, experience with foreign banks, and proper preparation of tax returns for domestic and foreign missionaries.
- On-field care: Insightful counsel for missionaries, 24/7 emergency access to administrators, counsel on medical issues unfamiliar to Stateside doctors.
- Strategic Planning: Trained BMM facilitators collaborate with missionary teams to initiate proactive, culturally insightful plans to develop strong Baptist churches that continue after the missionaries’ work is done.
- Enrichment Conferences: On-field and off-site conferences for missionaries and MKs offering encouragement, continuing education, and help coping with ministry stresses.
- Crisis Management: Monitoring of missionaries’ safety, coordination of communications with churches and governments, and emergency evacuations.
- World Relief: Coordination of humanitarian assistance funds, enabling missionaries in disaster areas to meet physical needs while creating openings for the gospel. Give now to World Relief.
- Donor Services: Processing of tax-exempt receipts, and giving options such as annuities, charitable trusts, and enablement funds.
- Specialized group trips for teens, college students, and adults