The Baptist Mid-Missions Foundation exists to serve churches, donors, missionaries, and the financial needs of Baptist Mid-Missions and its global ministries. BMM Foundation is an independent IRS qualified 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
BMM Foundation provides stewardship services to churches and individuals for current donations and planned giving vehicles, including wills, trusts, gift annuities, other charitable agreements, and donor advised funds. The Foundation maintains the identical principles, policies, and practices for all donations as Baptist Mid-Missions and its global ministries.
BMM Foundation endeavors to provide a level of confidence in its stewardship of all gifts. Such measures include—
- Secure encryption when making gifts online.
- An internal control system that is monitored and updated.
- Oversight by BMM Foundation Directors.
- Annual audits performed by an independent financial auditing firm
Information about contributions:
- Baptist Mid-Missions Foundation is an Exempt Organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended.
- Contributions to Baptist Mid-Missions Foundation are qualified for Federal and, in some cases, State income tax deductions, as allowed by law, unless marked not tax-deductible. Unless otherwise noted, no goods or services were given in exchange for this gift.
- Personal gifts to missionaries, such as for Christmas and Birthdays, are marked not tax-deductible and may not be used as an itemized deduction for tax purposes. These gifts are considered gifts to the individual missionaries and not to Baptist Mid-Missions Foundation. They are handled as a service to the donor and the missionary.
- Gifts that express a preference for a particular missionary are understood to be for the ministry of that missionary. Internal Revenue Service regulations do not permit Baptist Mid-Missions Foundation to accept gifts with a preference or designation for a particular missionary that requires a payment to that particular individual. Ministry is accomplished through missionaries by the payment of appropriate compensation and the reimbursement of ministry expenses through an accountable expense plan.
- Contributions are solicited with the understanding that the use of all gifts to Baptist Mid-Missions Foundation is controlled by its Board, which has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds.
- Both tax-deductible and not tax-deductible year-to-date totals are shown on each receipt. The amounts shown include contributions to our Bibles International Division without regard to which office processed the gifts. If you have given a gift of property that was sold by Baptist Mid-Missions Foundation, the proceeds from the sale may be included in the total shown. This does not establish the value of the property donated. If this applies to you and you need a statement showing your cash giving, please request it from our office.